Monday, August 07, 2006

Two more days...

Until Al's surgery. I finally had a breakdown last night-I had been pretty calm and collected, but then I spiraled into nonsensical breakdown/pick a fight mode. I tend to do that at times that I have to be strong-I just have to distance myself when things get rough. It sounds bitchy, and of course I care---it's just that it's fight or flight for me when having to deal with matters so close to the heart-and I always chose fight. I'm just scared for him. He's so calm and collected, stating that it's all in the doctor's hands, and that he's ready. I guess I'm doing the worrying for both of us.

Tomorrow is his last supper, and Wednesday is the surgery. I will update the blog as I can. But, for now, thanks for being great friends and checking in.

No comments: