Wednesday, May 18, 2005

50 Things About Me...You May or May Not Know

1. I am a PADI Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver
2. My favorite soft drink is Diet Cherry Coke
3. I was born on the bicentenial, even though I can't spell it.
4. If there was ever a movie about me, I would want Keri Russell to play me.
5. I believe in ghosts, and have gone on 5 ghost tours.
6. I was an extra in Dirty Dancing, and got to meet Jennifer Gray and Patrick Swayze.
7. My second and third toe on each foot are slightly webbed together--I used to think they were freakish, now I think they are cute.
8. My maternal grandma and David Broder are first cousins.
9. When I was little, I fell out of a moving car.
10. Swimming is one of my favorite things in the world.
11. I used to write poetry under the pen name Moon Lawerence.
12. I hate cheesecake. It doesn't matter who makes it, or what's on it.
13. I eat bagels with butter instead of cream cheese.
14. I studied in England and Scotland for a summer. If I could, I would move to London.
15. I am a Libra, and while I can see both sides of the story, once I have an opinion, I stick with it.
16. I have known my best friend since I was 2 years old.
17. The day after I met Al, I called my mom and told her I had met my future husband. I was even seeing someone else at that time.
18. I often have premonitions that come true (see above).
19. My paternal grandparents are Holocaust survivors. I went to Dachau, which is one of the camps my grandma was in.
20. My one desire is to write a children's book.
21. Golden Retrievers are my favorite type of dog.
22. I own all of the Harry Potter books and movies, and have the next book that's due out this summer on pre-order. I have also read each book twice.
23. I love bluegrass music, British pop music, and 80's music. I also have a love for anything that's just unique and tells a great story.
24. I could feel my house shake on September 11, when the plane crashed into the Pentagon.
25. I have taken a cake decorating class. Al's cakes were prettier than mine.
26. I drank too much wine at my cousin's wedding and passed out---I was a bridesmaid in the wedding.
27. When I was little, I wrote a letter to Judy Blume. She even wrote me back.
28. I really love super-hero movies, and the Star Wars movies.
29. I love vinegar on my fries. Is there any other way?
30. I know the Greek and Hebrew alphabets.
31. I think that the word poop is funny.
32. I am extremely superstitious.
33. I once went to an S&M club with my girlfriends.
34. I believe in reincarnation and karma.
35. I don't like getting roses--I used to, but I'm over it.
36. The one dish I make well is eggplant parmesan.
37. The first concert was a Neil Diamond concert.
38. Sometimes, when I clean, I like to wear a tiarra, and pretend I'm a princess who has been forced to clean.
39. I totally bombed the SATs when I was in high school.
40. I am part of Toastmasters International-and have completed the Competant Level of Toastmasters.
41. I am allergic to red wine.
42. I have taken the following hobby classes, but have mastered none of these: photography, pottery, kayaking, and rock wall climbing.
43. I didn't really like college or my sorority.
44. I know the words to almost every song in Fiddler on the Roof.
45. My belly-button is pierced.
46. One of my favorite smells is right after it has rained on a warm day.
47. I am afraid of heights, but love to challenge my fear.
48. On single every trip I take--via plane, train, automobile, I always sing "We're Off to See the Wizard" from Wizard of Oz. My mom and brother do this as well.
49. I used to be on a kickball team.
50. I have a slight obsession with Sting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

21. http://www.grreat.org/
33. And Al is happy.
45. Pull your dress up and show us!
49. AKA KickDrink Team
50. Especially through beer goggles.

got your msg. talk to you soon!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I knew all but two - including the part about the tiara. :) But I disagree very strongly with the eggplant parm comment. You make lots of delicious food. Especially guacamole at 3am.