Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bye Bye Merl....


I sold my car yesterday evening. I've had it for 8 great years, but it was time to say farewell. Living in the city, and paying for the upkeep and insurance has been a bit more than I can chew, so I bid it a safe journey into the hands of a 17-year old. Now, I have to learn to drive Al's car!

It's definitely bittersweet-I didn't have a chance to even say a proper fairwell before it was driven off into the distance, and I'm definitely sad to see it go after so many fond memories of driving to New York, Roanoke, the beach, and wherever else it's taken me. And, of course, who can forget the time I decided on its name after drinking a whole bottle of Merlot hoping Al would show some interest in me at a party!! (hence the name Merl-not for the color, but for the wine) .....Good times.

Bye bye Merl. Be good to your new owner, lil fella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Godspeed Merl - you were a trooper. I'll miss ya.

-al