Monday, August 28, 2006

Overwhelmed.

I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't even know why. I'm not the one trying to go through recovery of a major surgery (or two for that matter!), but I feel like hell. I'm tired all the time, and I cry at the drop of a pin. Al can't seem to get full no matter how much tofu, or beans, or protein powder he puts in his purees--it's all liquid, so he never gets that content feeling of eating, he feels constantly empty. It's frustrating to him, it's heartbreaking to me....I wish I could do more, but all I can do is just be supportive, and understanding.

I'm also trying to sell my car. Another annoyance. I have to deal with calls, and emails, and questions, which is all par for the course, but I'm trying to catch up on work, and feel like this is probably the most stressful time to do something equally as stressful. I also have to find time to learn to drive a stick. Not just a regular stick, but Al's BABY. No stress....ha!

Another thing that really has weighed on me is that some asshat was making fun of the way Al talked because his jaw is wired shut. I won't say what the guy said, but it was pretty damn inconsiderate, and fucking rude, and he can just shove it for all I care. (So THERE you stupid, jobless DICK!).

Luckily, we continue to have a barrage of friends stopping by, calling, visiting. I'm thankful for that, and for the lessons of patience and kindness that I'm taking from this. (minus the name calling to ignorant jerks). I seriously need a drink. And a vacation.

No comments: