Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Being Honest....

So, while my blogs are usually a tale of what I've done over the weekend, or a place to vent over my kitchen renovations, I usually try not to unload my burdens on the web. I guess I just don't like being vulnerable.

So here I go...honestly, sometimes it's harder to put these things in words, so, why not write about it? And after this, I don't know that I'll want to talk about it, but at least you all will know what's going through my lil head, right?

Anyways, we are counting down the days for Al's jaw surgery, and while it will ultimately be for the best, I can't help but be a little scared. Scared of everything. I've known Al for 8 years now, so he's a pretty big constant in my life. I don't want to see him in pain, or have to give up his love of food for 6 weeks while he's wired shut.

And, it's weird knowing that he'll look different after the surgery. I fell for the whole package just the way he is--and it's just weird to know that he'll look different. And, also, selfishly, to know that I'm just staying the same-and that lately, I haven't been to happy with how I look either. I've had the same haircut and glasses for FOREVER, and I really want to lose some weight, but need to actually motivate myself. I like how I look in this picture. But I don't know how to get back to being that way? Gosh, this honesty thing sure does suck. Maybe I should just do a Post Secret?
Yes, if you see something there that says, "I'm afraid after my husband's surgery, he won't like how I look anymore," you'll know it's from me.

Ciao.

No comments: