Friday, September 01, 2006

Rainy day thoughts

Found out yesterday that Al has 5 more weeks of being wired shut. This sucks big time. And lately, I've definitely felt a bit dismayed with humanity. People who don't know Al just had surgery can be pretty damn cruel--in fact, some people who do know he had surgery can be cruel too. On the other hand, we've been blessed to have our friends conintuing to stop by. In fact, we just had a friend over from San Fran the other night.

I have a cold, which is lousy. It's a long weekend, and I would love to actually just rest and relax, but that doesn't seem to be in my future any time soon. Even when I try to rest, I get bogged down with other frustrating things. I hate sounding selfish, especially when Al is going through such an ordeal, but I'm really feeling so tired, and even though I'm not there yet, I'm feeling every bit of 30. Al swears 30 is great. I don't see it as being anything great...I just feel like I've aged a lot in the last few weeks, and lost a bit of that inner child glow. I can only hope that it comes back....

No comments: