Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Mall


So, I decided to take myself shoe shopping this past weekend-I haven't bought myself work shoes in about 4 years, (I know, I'm not the typical "woman with a billion pairs of shoes,") so it was high time to treat myself to some new ones. I got myself a little zipcar and drove on out to Tysons to begin the hunt. But, a funny thing happened on the way to the mall. My feet shrunk. Yes, crazy, I know, but it's true. My feet are already pretty small as it is, but I've consistently run about a 6 1/2...hard to find, but possible. But, as I was trying on shoes, the 6 1/2's seemed like I was a little girl playing dress up in her mom's shoes--they simply didn't fit!

I decided to go down to size 6, and see if those worked, and still, I needed the shoe pads in order to make them fit. It's official though, I am now the floor sample girl. I've been reduced to buying whatever is out on the floor-something I'm sure hundreds of people may have stuck their feet in....I don't get the new shiny in a box pair--no, no! I get the floor sample-and not even at a reduced cost! I mean, if you buy the sample furniture on the floor, it's for sale, is it not? This is an injustice! I'm here to fight for the rights of small feet-because given this latest event, it seems as though my feet are getting tinier. It couldn't be my hips or my butt, nooo....it's my feet. Gah! Sometimes the world is just so unfair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.