Friday, January 05, 2007

2006 in review

Now that we've kicked off 2007, a quick look at all that happened in 2006:

January: Al and I ring in the new year first at Katie and Matt's, followed by meeting up with my friends from high school and new friend Colleen at Rosa Mexicana. At the end of the month, Al and I decide to travel East, and buy tickets spontaneously to go to Japan.
February: Our friend Kristen from California comes in for a quick visit-while she's in DC for work, we got a full weekend in, including a trip to the Corcoran to see the Warhol exhibit, and of course the annual Super Bowl activities at the Russell's household.

March: Al and I take off to Japan! Highlights include seeing the big Buddha, dining with perfect strangers under the most magnificent cherry trees in Tokyo, diving with amazing people in Okinawa, strolling the path of philosophy in Kyoto, a delicious french/japanese meal, bath time with old japanese ladies, and karaoking with new friends Jez and Emma.


April: We head to Roanoke, and get to spend time with some of my favorite great aunts and uncles. Tons of great food, laughter, and tears.


May: Off to NYC to see the Odd Couple with Al's family, and spend some time with our friend Mangan in Jersey getting drunk out of our minds and singing along to Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer. Good times! At the end of May, my girlfriends Bets, D, Shannon, and Kat all come in to town for a girl's weekend extravaganza.


June: Mom and Dad come to town and we accidentally take them to a gay line dancing club.


July: We head to Utah for Clay and Nicole's wedding. While we are there, I get to go horseback riding, and Al and I get to attend a fantastic concert and go hot air ballooning.

August: Al has jaw surgery. And then has it again. And then returns to the hospital for an ulcer. His jaw is wired shut for nine weeks. I realize my friends and family are the most amazing people in the world! Our friends Josh, Jenny, Erik, and Ilona all breeze through town, but it's good to see our friends faces, and makes us feel loved. We also get some Boothy time in as well.

September: I turn 30. My friend Colleen hosts a girls night out for me to celebrate. Al still has jaw wired shut.

October: Al throws me a Spytastic Surprise 30th, which is attended by friends and family from near and far. Again, I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have such great people in my life. Al becomes unwired about 10 minutes after our last guest leaves (of course!). At the end of the month, Al and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary by going to DC's 1st Annual Unique and Unusual Food and Wine Festival. We also host our annual pumpkin carving party.
November: Have my review at work-get a "Superior" rating! Al and I got to experience our first Cirque du Soleil, and I went to an incredible Acoustic African concert. We went to CT for Thanksgiving for a blink of an eye, and came back to a fun weekend in DC with our friends Katie, Hillier, and Ilona all in town from Boston. Nov 30th, we celebrated Al's 32nd.


December: What a busy month! Holiday parties galore, a weekend in Roanoke with my family, and then birthday celebrations with friends. On Dec 31, we had potluck dinner at our house and had about 13 people total over. Drank lots of yummy kir royal.
January: My supervisor gave her notice, and Al has some sort of stomach ailment, not sure what though. Can only hope the year improves!

No comments: