Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cabin Fever


Over the weekend, the Mr. and I headed out of town to celebrate shepdc's 30th birthday extravanganza at Lake Anna. Mr. Shepdc and I went to Tech together (i hung out with his fraternity throughout my college days), so it was heartwarming to be included in shepdc's festivities, especially since the Mr. and I are so fond of her!
This trip was perfect for the ADD in me-because there was always someone around to play a game with, take a walk with, jump trampoline with, etc. And plenty of time to read my new book (Blink) as well. Lots of vino throughout the weekend, and at one point, a few of the people decided to polar bear it into the lake-which was following by loud screeching, and a lightning fast run to the hot tub. It was an awesome weekend away, and I enjoyed meeting some new folks and getting to spend time with shepdc and mr. shepdc, and having some time to decompress. Now if I could only do it more often....

1 comment:

shepdc said...

awww, shucks. i like you guys, too :).

so glad you were there!