Friday, September 29, 2006

Princess Power!


So, as a new, ahem, 30 year old, I've decided that I would like to be a princess when I grow up. Princesses are so pretty, and never have to clean, and they get to ride horses, and never have frizzy hair, and they always have really nice skin.

I got a good start on Wednesday(my b-day)-my husband got me a kickin camera, and my coworkers got an arrangement of flowers for me and we got to go out for lunch to one of my favorite places! After work, I met up with some girlfriends for a little soiree my friend Colleen put together. She was so clever and came up with a ton of fun drink names like "Dirty 30" and the "Jodie-rita", etc. And, she made my FAVORITE of FAVORITE cakes-yellow cake with chocolate icing. See...I'm telling you, meant to be a princess. My case was really sealed when my friend Erika walked in with a princess bag full of treats only a TRUE princess could love. (I mean, you have to really be a princess to enjoy ring pops and pretty shiny bracelets, and really cool change purses and what not.) And, my friend Emily (and Sam) got me a mani certificate...pampering fit for a.........you guessed it.

Oh, alright, I'm just day dreaming. But, it's been a rough few months, and I deserve it, right? I have to admit, it was pretty special when we told the bartender I was celebrating a "big" birthday, and they thought I was turning 21!!!

Anyways, more b-day festivities to come at some point. Stay tuned....

No comments: