Wednesday, September 20, 2006

30, flirty and fun?

A week from today I turn 30. I've made a resolution. I'm going to be 30, flirty and fun! Okay, maybe not flirty in the traditional sense, I just mean flirty in the fun, fabulous, youthful sense. Flirting with new hobbies, new passions, trying to stay YOUNG.

So, here's looking down 30 square in the face, and a list of things I want to do in my 30's-some are quite a reach, but you gotta have something to reach for!
  • Play piano-I took lessons when I was little, and would love to pick it up again.
  • Learn how to speak French and Yiddush
  • Travel to South America
  • Make a hallah (traditional jewish bread for sabbath)
  • Have kid(s)
  • Raft down the Grand Canyon
  • Take an African safari
  • Take more pottery lessons and make a decent bowl (not just one my mother could love!)
  • Learn how to make a quilt
  • Write a kid's book
  • Get promoted at work
  • Become involved with a synagogue
  • Learn to be not so self-involved
  • Reunite with my old camp friends
  • See more concerts
  • Go to more plays
  • Go camping at least once a year
  • See a sea horse while diving
  • Become a better cook
  • Be 30, flirty and FABULOUS

Alright 30's, I'm ready, I have a list, and I'm coming for you, ready or not!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

How is Al? I found you while searching for "jaw surgery" or something similar. My daughter had surgery on August 1, and I'm still processing that surreal experience. Caring for the post-surgical needs of a loved one with no medical training is stressful.
Hope Al is doing well, and that being 30 will be a happy time for you.

jodie.goldberg said...

Gigi, Thanks for the well wishes. Al is doing okay all things considered. He will be wired shut until October 9, (exactly 2 months after the surgery), and then we start the process of him being learning to "reuse" his jaw. I wish you a tremendous amount of strength and luck too, and hope your daughter is well. You deserve a gold star for being a great support system, I'm sure! Best, and thanks for your thoughts!