Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tree Huggin

I'm back doing environment work, and for now, couldn't be happier. I think part of it is being with people who I have common interests with, and part of it is that the people are so welcoming. It's been eye-opening, and really made me realize that the right work environment does truly matter. I feel myself smiling all day...and actually excited to go into work. It's been a long time since I've done that. Word is that I was a bit of a trend setter at my old job, as several others have followed suit and gave their notice after I left.

For now, I'm still in training mode, so I'm a bit overwhelmed taking in names, information, systems, processes. I feel like I have all pieces of the puzzle, but now I'm just trying to put it all together.

In other news...kitchen renovation still continues. Counters get put on tomorrow. I'm sick of eating out--and what makes it harder is that Al had his wisdom teeth out on Friday, so we're limited to places with soft foods. Tonight I got to initiate Al into Pasta Mia. We waited an hour and a half to get our food after being seated, so I think it was a bit of a let down to Al...no matter how darn good the pasta was. Oh well.

Off to hug a tree...

No comments: