Thursday, May 12, 2005

Just Another Day in DC

Confused Fliers Trigger Capital Scare-http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/11/AR2005051100887.html

Is it sad that we are becoming accustomed to terrorist threats? Just yesterday, I was sitting at work, and an e-mail came across my screen "WHITE HOUSE AND CAPITOL EVACUATED!"

As I sat there, I heard people contiuing to type, and not a lot of commotion around me. I thought to myself, "self, there must not be anything wrong if noone is panicking or screaming."

I think it's just sad that this mentality has become so ingrained in us in just a few short years. 3 years ago, everyone would have freaked out with an e-mail like this on their screen, and now, it's just business as usual in DC.

When did reality start becoming so real?

No comments: