Saturday, March 24, 2007

Five for Friday (a bit late....)

This past week was jam packed-attended the Arctic rally on Tuesday and got to hear John Kerry speak along with several other Senators and Representatives (although Kerry was the big draw). Work has been crazy-we've hired a new person to fill my old supervisor's role who will be starting in a week (I may not have blogged about it since I was in denial, but my supervisor left a few weeks ago for a job at WWF), so we've been busy trying to get ready for her to start. Plus, we had a full day training on building relationships with donors on Thursday-for the training we had to take this DISC personality assessment-which I have to say is probably the worst "personality" test I've ever taken. I don't think that anybody in the training felt that their DISC outcome really represented who they are, or how they interact with donors. The training itself was good, but I just think if you are going to do a personality test, do one that is a little more accurate. For example, the test said I'm both an introvert AND and extrovert. I'm a "just the facts person" and a "big picture person." I just think that is crap. At least for Meyers Briggs, you can see where you fall on the line of introvert vs. extrovert, but you aren't both. (at least I don't think so....).

Moving on.....last night we went to our friend Colleen's to watch some March Madness. I normally wouldn't care, but this year I entered into my first bracket, and I'm tied for #2 right now. I hope I win-momma needs a new pair o' shoes!

On to the five for Friday (or Saturday as it were)....while the bracket winnings would be a mere $100, I'll go with the "what would I do if I won $1 million-the sky is the limit!" list: (why not?)

1. I would probably invest in a house that had a yard so that I could get #2 on my list....
2. Buy a dog
3. Go on a shopping spree
4. Buy a Prius
5. Go with Al to the Inn at Little Washington

(#6 would be make a donation to Virginia Tech to support the English Studies Study Abroad program that I participated in, #7 would be to invest in a personal trainer, #8 would be get a cleaning service, #9 would be take a trip, and #10 would be to put away for a rainy day).

No comments: