Wednesday, July 19, 2006

And the heat, my Gd, the heat!

It's so damn hot in DC, it's making me cranky. Actually, it's making everybody cranky. A man body checked me on the metro yesterday, pushing me into an innocent victim-and then had the nerve to yell EXCUSE YOU! to me. Whattanass!

But, it's been a busy week despite the heat....Saturday, we went to 2 bbq's-one was a networking one that our new friend Missy invited us to--it was actually a lot of fun, and we had to pull ourselves away to go to the next one. The 2nd BBQ was a pool party of the raunchy variety. I guess I'm getting old, but I was a bit icked out by some of the goings-on in the pool.

Sunday, we had brunch with friends, and made about a bizillion kinds of stock to prepare for Jaw Surgery for Al. Tonight we're headed to Colleen's for a yummy pizza dinner, and Friday we're checking out Urbana, a new restaurant in town. No rest for the weary--and hot.

No comments: