Thursday, December 22, 2005

Buns of Steel

Ok, so if that last post was harsh, I'm sorry....but, the blog is for honesty--sometimes brutal, sometimes sweet. That day, was feeling moody, and thank goodness I had a blog to take it out on.

Anyway, about a month ago, I decided to get myself back in shape. After the 75+ meals out due to the kitchen renovation---well, let's just say shopping wasn't very pretty. Well, it was pretty--pretty, depressing.

So, I decided to look for a workout class-I just can't do machines, I need someone telling me what to do for an hour. I like being mindless and having someone else guide me. After some heavy reconnaissance, I found this church..(bear with me) down the street from where I live that offers workout classes in the evenings and on Saturday morning. They do step, some weights, and a little jazzercise, etc. And, it's not through the church, just held there--which is weird at first, but doesn't even phase me any more.

I've been going for about a month now, and love it. My class is mostly africa-american women, who have such a good time--it's so contagious. They hoot and hollar, and really get into it--and of course, give me a bit of a heckling whenever I can't keep the beat (which, is often). But, I totally love it, love making an ass out of myself--and hey, my abs and butt are looking better...and I'm having fun doing it. The only downside is that I have to wake up early on Saturdays, and constantly have songs by the Backstreet Boys running through my head, but, if that's the only downside, I'll take it.

No comments: