Tuesday, April 05, 2005

6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon


Posted by Hello

Everybody cut, everybody cut....everbody cut Footloose!

So, I've loosely been playing the Kevin Bacon game since I can remember, to determine if I could get within 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. The closest I've come was meeting Jennifer Grey on the set of Dirty Dancing, who was in Ferris Bueller's Day off with Matthew Broderick, who is married to Sarah Jessica Parker who was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon. So, what's that, like 4?

I finally topped myself about 2 weeks ago. Al got tickets for a "inside-the-actor's" studio type presentation with John Lithgow. We went with our friends Bill and Shannon, and sat so close, we could see his striped shoes. Bill and I were dying to ask questions like "Mr. Lithgow, could you please do that voice from Shrek?" or "Mr. Lithgow, why were you so mean to Harry in Harry and the Hendersons?" or my personal favorite from Al, "Mr. Lithgow, do you know the Muffin Man?"

We didn't get to ask questions, but I did secure an autograph afterwards. AND....since John Lithgow was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon, I'm now only a mere 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon.

Plus, Al's best friend is his dobbleganger, does that count?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been diligently checking the diligently updated blog. ;)

Just thought I'd leave you a comment so you don't feel as if you're rambling on to yourself.

By the way, have you figured out the RSS feeds yet? If you bookmark the RSS feed of your favorite blogs (or other regularly updated sites, such as AP news, for example), you can instantly see if there's been an update without actually having to visit the page. Soooo cool!

Jenna

Wirthy said...

I can do it too:

I met Wayne Gretzsky in the men's room at a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game.

Gretzy was in "D2: The Mighty Ducks" with Emilio Estevez.

Estevez was in "Stakeout" with Aidan Quinn, who was in "Cavedweller" with Kevin Bacon.

Anonymous said...

i love your posts! i've met quite a few musicians, so i'm sure somewhere there's a Bacon Brothers link...