Monday, December 04, 2006

Chain Gang

Work has been crazy busy the past few weeks. Crazy! So, I haven't had time to blog, much less come up with many blogworthy tales....Here's a quick blurb of life lately....

Thanksgiving was quick-up and back to CT in about 26 hours. I definitely missed my family and all of our traditions-but we'll get to see them at the end of the month, and it was good to get our QT in with Al's fam (most of which involved sitting and figuring out our plans for the day--I tease---sort of).

Post Turkey day was a blast. The evening we got in we went out for a delish Ethopian dinner w/ friends followed by a long game night (2 am!). So fun. I just love game night! The next day we ran around doing holiday shopping and then met up with Andy, Mags, and Ilona for Belgium din-din followed by foozeball and pool. And, Sunday night some friends had us over for a yummy chilli dinner---biked on over there and home. DC after Turkey Day is the best. The city is empty and I love it.

This past week was Al's b-day. He's been burning the midnight oil too, so we were pretty low key. Ended up going for dinner Thursday night, and then celebrated all throughout the weekend, including a bowling night. I bowled the worst game in the world, but did enjoy coming up with fun names for all of the bowlers. Loved seeing the words "The Godfather" flash up on the big screen every time Al got a spare or strike! Hee Hee!

Spent the better part of the week and weekend cooking-enchiladas, brazilian stew, roasted chicken, tons of baked goods. Maybe one of these days someone will compliment me rather than assuming Al is the only cook in our household...b/c let me just tell you, I rock the enchiladas. Rock them!

No comments: