Thursday, September 01, 2005

And this is why I'm totally Type A

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. To quickly update:
  • Kitchen renovation supposed to be done a month ago--still going on and massively behind. I gave Taw a talking to that helped for a little while, but I think I will have to have another one of my breathe fire and invoke the devil conversations with him.
  • Went to beach with family and Al for a week--v. fun, but I don't understand why men feel the compulsive need to communicate through movie quotes, or watch Cramer's Mad Money 15 times a day.
  • Al got braces, and is starting his jaw process--he should have jaw surgery one year from now.
  • Went to Erika's batchelorette party where I found out that my husband is a legend! Actually, had a smashing good time and was only walking distance from home-how I love living in DC. Can't wait for the weddding which will be wicked fun and will include an absurd amount of drunkeness.
  • I still love my job, and thank the lord I found something with such fabulous people and such a great cause
  • I'm very sad about the hurricane and cannot watch anymore tv coverage because it makes me want to cry.
  • I'm going to visit my friend Betsy tomorrow!

Okay, so anyway....back to me being a Type A...when I left my old company I had tons of vacation time, 50 hours to be exact. So, imagine my suprise a 55 days later (which, according to DC is against the law--you are supposed to be paid out 7 days after leaving!!), I only got paid for 26 hours. I sent an e-mail to my former company telling them their oversight only to get into one of the longest and most tedious e-mail battles ever. They said I had taken vacation time that I didn't take, and one of the days they sighted as vacation was a day that I was at a conference THEY paid for. Luckily, I'm totally type A, and keep an insane amount of information (okay so even though I hated working at a law firm, it totally paid off) on hand, and was able to finally get them to back down and grudgingly admit that they were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Ahhhhhh.

The restaurant visits and coaxing of friends to have us over continues....I'm sick of eating out, but at the end of our kitchen journey, I'll put together a best and worst of list.

That's it from here. Safe and happy labor day....

No comments: